Thursday, March 6, 2014

How do you serve God? Who gets well and who dies in an operation?

Rizal   |  Philippines   |  March 6, 2014

I am getting a lot of inquiries, assistance on building and running a hospital and administrators who have turned around failing hospitals.  As professor of MBAH, I am involved in teaching MBA MDs who run hospital in graduate school of business.  It is a tiring job, as one gets old.

But watching the Indian Hospital series of AJ, I am inspired.  The idea of having low cost hospitals serving the masses is keeping me challenged.

Consider this:

According to Mother Teresa, who was operated on by Dr. Shetty:



"It is better to have miracles on hand, than prayers on the lips."


From Dr. Shetty:

"Who gets well and who dies after an operation is only decided by God, not by the Dr" (Drs are not Gods as some mistake they are.)

"How do you serve God, you serve him by serving his creation."

I guess giving access to modern health care is one way.  With escalating cost of health care, this is becoming a difficulty for many Filipinos

This is a challenge for me and other MDs, MBAH students.  I will continue to advise many MDs who consult me in putting up hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment